What do 50:50 Ambassadors do?
50:50 Ambassadors bring new people on board to promote our #AskHerToStand campaign and sign the 50:50 Parliament Petition at www.change.org/5050Parliament. Being a 50:50 Ambassador can be a varied role, depending on your skills and interests. You could:
- Join the 50:50 Parliament Group on Facebook and Like 50:50 Parliament Page. Regularly sharing and liking 50:50 posts really helps!
- If you know a woman who would make a great MP then Ask Her To Stand via the 50:50 website.
- Follow @5050Parliament on Twitter and retweet and like 50:50 tweets.
- Give a 50:50 presentation at a community group or club or in an assembly.
- Organise an event to promote the campaign to a specific group of people.
- Write an article about the 50:50 Parliament campaign for our website or other media.
- Contact your local MP and ask them to take action (using wording from the petition).
- Get a special 50:50 photograph in front of a local landmark.
- Ask all your friends to support our #AskHerToStand campaign and sign the 50:50 petition.
We welcome any suggestions that you have that will increase awareness of 50:50 Parliament.
Join our Ambassador Programme to inspire political engagement
Our Ambassadors act as a megaphone to the rest of the country, telling people who we are and why gender equality at Westminster is essential. We need enthusiastic people to promote the 50:50 Parliament cause and our #AskHerToStand campaign – to bring about real change. One hundred years after women won the right to vote the fight for political equality continues!