Please donate to help us build a better democracy, one in which women have equal seats and equal say.
In the hundred years since women won the right to vote over 5000 MPs have been elected but only 552 were women. Men still outnumber women 2:1 in Parliament. Only 12 extra women gained seats in the last election and at this rate it will take decades for women to have equal representation.
Women’s fight for political equality is still on.
50:50 want men and women to run the country and plan the future together in equal numbers. We are taking action to inspire and support women on the way to Westminster with our special #AskHerToStand and #SignUpToStand programmes.
By giving a small regular donation YOU will be helping women get selected and elected.
Become a Friend of 50:50!
50:50 is making a difference! At the 2019 General Election 50 women who stood were part of the 50:50 #SignUpToStand campaign and nine went on to win seats at Westminster.
By making a regular monthly donation you will become a Friend of 50:50. We will:
- Send you priority booking invitations to 50:50
- Send you a quarterly 50:50 Voice with all our campaign news
- Send you a free 50:50 tote bag with campaign post cards – to help spread the word! (if you give us your postal address)
Over 1400 women have come to #SignUpToStand via 50:50, we are helping them take the next step along the path to Parliament.
Donating £5 a month could help us support one woman for one year.
Donating £10 a month could pay for a week of our special daily BiteSize Zoom Meetings.
Why we need money
50:50 Parliament and its services are free to use. We commit time and resources to every woman who comes to #SignUpToStand. In order to give each of these woman the best possible political opportunity 50:50:
- sends each woman her own unique interactive Personal Political Profile
- allocates her a 50:50 Buddy, this peer to peer support is essential to progressing in politics
- invites her to our free BiteSize Zoom meetings that happen every week, giving women specific advice about how to progress within each political party
- offers telephone support via the 50:50 Telephone Teams
- runs massive Zoom Networking events every month reaching out to women from across the UK.
- offers a special network of support to women from minority groups.
It is vital that we help women along the way to Westminster.
50:50 want to ensure that Parliament draws upon the widest possible pool of talent and experience, including that of the 32 million women who live and work in the UK.
Become a Friend of 50:50!
A 50:50 Success Story
Wendy Chamberlain, an ex-police officer and mother of two, was elected in 2019 as the MP for North East Fife. She joined our campaign in 2017 and carried her 50:50 tote bag with her while out canvassing. She won by a very large majority and is the first female MP in the seat, one previously held by Herbert Asquith who ironically wasn’t an advocate for women having the vote.
“It is a huge honour to be the first female MP for my constituency. I could not have achieved this without the support of 50:50 Parliament #AskHerToStand campaign.
“It’s not that women don’t have the ability, it’s about the belief and the confidence and the network to achieve. That’s what has helped me.”Wendy Chamberlain, Liberal Democrat MP for North East Fife